May 19, 2012

Double Soft Bread Revisited

After more one year, I finally can bake bread again. :) The bread machine died down last year and without it, I was no longer able to have the luxury of time to knead a bread, and bake a bread.  With my newly acquired Kitchenaid of 6 months old, but only used it for less than 10 times, or perhaps less than 6 times, I must put it to a good use.

I'm so happy to be again smelling the aroma of freshly baked bread in the comfort of my home. With the available ingredients, i.e. some leftover whipping cream, I chosed this recipe which I'd done when I was still new to bread making. This double bread never failed me even though I was new and did not have any proper loaf tin or bread machine at that time. While I had the help of my kitchenaid to do the kneading, the sticky dough made shaping a rather tedious task. I didn't manage to shape it into a nice smooth dough but it still rose beautifully and its wrinkled texture actually didn't affect the outcome at all.

I wanted to make a square loaf but during the final proofing, the bread dough rose over the brim of the loaf tin, that I made do with a traditional loaf! That's what traditional loaf used to look like, ain't it? :)

I love the tall loaf!

The uneveness in the three shaped dough!

This bread is called the double soft bread, first found in a Chinese blog - Warm  & Sweet Home.  To get the recipe, please link it to my previous post. ;) I didn't make any changes to the original recipe though if you read the comments in the previous post, it was said that this recipe yields good result with 50% bread flour and 50% plain flour.

5 comments:

WendyinKK said...

I used to visit Warm and Sweet Home too, but sadly she doesn't blog nowadays!
I slowed down a lot on bread baking.. maybe I am too lazy to wait for it to prove, LOL.

shirley@køkken said...

Love the tall regal appearance of your loaf. Will bookmark this baking soon.

sherlyn said...

So you used KA to make the bread dough, using dough hook? ok? I scare I will burn the motor.

Aimei said...

Shirley, look forward to see yours!

Sherlyn, yup i used kitchenaid with the dough hook and no wonder it's hot after the kneading. Will it really burn? :P

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are really a very talented cook =)